Week 6 – The Episodic note case study: Abdominal Assessment
Review the Episodic note from the case study that you have been provided for this weekâ€™s Assignment.
- With regard to the Episodic note case study provided:
- Review this weekâ€™s Learning Resources and consider the insights they provide about the case study.
- Consider what history would be necessary to collect from the patient in the case study.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patientâ€™s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- Identify at least five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
- Analyze the subjective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation.
- Analyze the objective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation.
- Is the assessment supported by subjective and objective information? Why or why not?
- What diagnostic tests would be appropriate for this case, and how would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- Would you reject/accept the current diagnosis? Why or why not? Identify three possible conditions that may be considered as a differential diagnosis for this patient. Explain your reasoning using three different references from current evidence-based literature. The textbook is not considered an EBP source.
This should be written as a narrative/paragraphs only!
DO NOT rewrite a SOAP note. Tell me whats wrong with the attached one, do this in paragraph form. You will do this by answering the aforementioned questions.
Use subheadings for the 5 Questions