Can you help me understand this Writing question?
Discussion Prompt 1
Read the following article Parents warn of mystery illness misdiagnosed in kids
Do you feel it is necessary for psychologists to understand the complex details of neurological activity in the brain in order to successfully practice psychology? Why or why not? Do you think the early symptoms noted in this article could be reasonably misdiagnosed? Support your reasoning with information from the text and other course materials.
Discussion Prompt 2
First take the movie perception test.
Movie Perception Test – Conversation
Then read the following article on inattentional blindness.
But Did You See the Gorilla? The Problem With Inattentional Blindness
Given what you know about the influences on perception such as context and emotion and the effects of inattentional blindness, would you be confident providing eyewitness testimony against a defendant charged with a crime?How confident would you be of the testimony of others if you were being charged? Explain. Can you think of a situation where you may have missed something, “right in front of your eyes”? Explain the feelings you experienced when you realized what you missed.
Support your ideas with information from the text and other course materials.
Biofeedback-Based Interventions Paper
For this assignment you will explore the relationship between neuroscience and behavior by looking at biofeedback and neurobiofeedback, or EEG biofeedback.
Address the following points in your paper:
- Define and explain biofeedback in your own words.
- Distinguish between biofeedback and neurofeedback, or EEG biofeedback.
- Describe who uses biofeedback and EEG biofeedback and why (detail at least two professions and purposes).
- Explain how an understanding of the nervous system can help us find ways to alleviate disease and pain.
- Identify the pros and cons of biofeedback-based interventions (highlight areas related to research, studies, theories, practice).
- Identify ethical considerations related to biofeedback-based interventions.
- Discuss your point of view with regard to biofeedback-based interventions, such as EEG biofeedback.
- Have you had any experiences using EEG biofeedback?
- Can you think of a situation in your life or work where you might consider using EEG biofeedback?
- Would you recommend biofeedback-based interventions as a useful too? Why or why not?
Incorporate a minimum of two scholarly sources in your writing.
Use APA format to style your paper and cite and reference your two sources.
Your paper should be 2-4 pages long, in addition to a title page and a reference page.